Launch of the Tree Nurturing Club – ‘You Plant, We Nurture’
In the effort to revive the saplings planted in the country, the Snowman Race in collaboration with the Bhutan Trust Fund for Environmental Conservation PLEDGE to nurture as many trees as possible and formally establish a community club called the ‘Tree Nurturing Club’ with the theme “You Plant, We Nurture” under the supervision of the Snowman Race Board and Secretariat.
Thus, to commemorate the 31st Birth Anniversary of Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen, the Snowman Race secretariat in collaboration with the Bhutan Trust Fund for Environmental Conservation will formally accept the first 31 members.
CLICK HERE to become a member of the tree nurturing club, and the first 31 entries will be accepted on a first come first basis.
The membership is open and free. The member’s primary role is to help nurture the trees by clearing the weeds or bushes that have obstructed saplings from growing, dig soils, and water the saplings. The Tree Nurturing Club will accept additional members after the inaugural event and future tree nurturing events will be held to nurture trees.
Trees are very vital for humans, animals, and plants. They are the source of drinking water, air to breathe, shade, and food, among many others. It is important to plant and nurture trees. Life without trees will be impossible. It is believed that reforestation is 10% tree plantation and the rest 90% lies on nurturing. In other words, the survival rate of trees after planting without care is less. So, nurturing trees is very important.